MAX Data 1.5
- Support for ONTAP 9.6 GA and later releases
- Support for FAS storage systems or ONTAP Select systems running ONTAP 9.7 besides AFF storage systems
- Resizing application memory allocation
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7
- Support for local snapshots on server-only systems
- Significant performance improvements with more I/o, less latency: 5.4M I/o 4KB READ @ 12.5usec latency
Previously in 1.4
With version 1.4 you can use MAX Data without AFF. Tiering now works between PMEM and your SSD installed in the server.
Some info leaks that HCI will support MAX Data at some point.
Considering new compute node H615C with the Cascade Lake CPUs, which is by the way, required for Optane memory, so it looks like NetApp putting all together to make it happen.
Continue to read
Am I missing something?
Please let me know in the comments below!
If you spotted an error, please let me know personally 😉
Opinions & observations are my own, and not official NetApp information. This post contains future looking statements and may contain errors. If you have spotted an error, please let me know.